Tuesday 28 February 2012

The dirty girder……


Here is the last of the loot from the swap.  My major purchase.
The dirty girder………..

This thing is heavy as hell and needs a good clean up.  The chrome straps and risers is cactus. The rest of the thing has a dark brown paint chipping off it and possibly old chrome underneath.  The bottom has axle clamps, not normally seen on girders in my experience. One of these is missing the guy who sold it to me said it was in his truck & would post it to me…….I doubt I will ever see it.



Looks like it has drainage holes and grease nipples.  I think from the weight it is soild not tube, and the bolts will all need replacing.

Good place to start..

Anyone seen one like this before love to know the history of it.  Guy who sold it didn't know anything about it.

I’m thinking of painting the metal black and having the chrome brass plated. 



No comments:

Post a Comment